Yeah… sorry about that.
I got back from Germany, been trying to catch up on work, and then… BAM! I’m unemployed for the foreseeable future thanks to the Congresscrap that’s infesting our Capitol.
For the record:
1) I don’t give a shit that ObamaCare is law, as Demotards are proud to remind us. Immigration law, and the Defense of Marriage Act are laws as well, and this administration has no problem not enforcing those laws!
2) I see no problem with delaying said law for at least a year, since it’s not ready for prime time anyway, according to reports. And fact is, it’s a crappy law anyway.
3) I’m sick and tired of the pathetic incompetents in both houses of Congress holding my livelihood hostage. They’ve been a massive FAIL at doing their jobs. They play political games with our lives. They are still getting paid, despite being unable and unwilling to do their jobs for five years. It’s unconstitutional not to pay them for being miserable failures, and yet, they take my earnings even as they claim to speak for me. None of them do.
4) Those of you shrieking that this is a government shutdown, it’s not. It’s simply a massive screwing of the vast majority of civil servants.
5) Those of you crowing that the fact that the country won’t go up in flames if 88 percent of the federal workforce is effectively laid off until further notice is proof positive that 88 percent of the government is not “essential,” are idiots. You don’t understand what “essential” means here. You don’t understand what is necessary for a nation to run efficiently in this global environment. You think running a government this size is the same thing as running a household. You’re morons. You may not need intelligence officers, diplomats and others immediately, but many of us are necessary for this nation to be effectively protected and efficiently run. And while there’s a lot of driftwood and worthless bureaucratic leeches in government, there are also scientists, diplomats, intelligence officers, finance experts, economists and others who are dedicated to serving YOU, and who have made public service an oath and an honor. They are educated, committed and brilliant, and they’re getting screwed – unable to pay their bills – while you blather on about how they’re “not essential.”
6) A REAL government shutdown would include everyone, including the military, police, air traffic controllers, border guards, etc. stopping work. It would include your social security, Medicare and other entitlements being withheld. But since you’re still leeching, and your planes are still on time, you just don’t give a fuck, and think it’s a great idea that millions of civil servants are getting the shaft…
…some of us for the second time this year – after this summer’s furloughs took 20 percent of our pay for several months.
So here we are… an hour before the deadline for the shutdown. I’m being forced to come in tomorrow to sign paperwork acknowledging the screwing I’m getting. Not getting paid for coming in.
Here’s a thought. Depending on how long the screwing lasts, how many civil servants will default on mortgage payments? How many will drastically cut spending? How much will local business be affected by the drop in sales?
But hey, it’s OK, because the President and Congress are still getting paid, as the Republicans work on compromising with themselves, while the Democrats arbitrarily reject any proposal, without so much as a read, because RACISTYOUHATECHILDRENANDTHEPOORANDWANTTOPREVENTBIRTHCONTROL!
But hey… I’ll have a lot more time to blog, right?
By the way, I don’t ask this often, but given the fact that I won’t have an income for a while, this would be a good time to hit that DONATE button on the top right, if you can.